This post is designed for you to come back to again and again. By the miracle of technology, I can bring you a feed from some of the best gardening blogs and websites on the internet – updated daily.
Sources, drawn from around the world, include:
- BBC Gardeners World
- A Way to Garden
- Gardening Know How
- Savvy Gardening
- The Middle Sized Garden
- The Frustrated Gardener
- Urban Organic Gardener
- The Tender Gardener
The latest updates
The latest updates are below. For older entries, clicker the ‘older posts’ link at the bottom of the page.
- How to use a bee house: Tips for installation and care
- Trees with catkins
- Top tips for trees – what you really need to know before you prune your trees
- Snake plant leaves turning yellow: 9 causes and solutions
- gifts for gardeners: my tried-and-true gear
- Five expert tips for orchids that last for longer
- The best robotic lawn mowers for 2023
- Monthly Q&A December
- How to grow and care for strawflowers
- How to grow and care for an aspen tree
- Plants for a purpose: evergreens
- Eight things you need to know about growing poinsettias
- How to grow sunflowers
- Thankful for today
- Win a set of recycled bird feeders from Earthy Sustainable
- How to grow autumn crocus
- How to grow beetroot
- Wildlife watch: Field mouse
- Win a stay at the Lakeside Hotel and Spa, worth £350
- How to grow cucamelons
- Making cordage from plants
- How to grow echiums
- How to grow bee balm
- Gardens for adventure, art, and games at Paxson Hill Farm
- Paxson Hill garden still gorgeous in the rain
- Black Friday tool deals on top-rated products from this year’s UK sales
- The best compost bins in 2023
- Children’s Adventure Garden at Dallas Arboretum
- Win an outdoor cookery bundle from Fiskars, worth £414
- Leave the leaves – the new, easy way to deal with autumn gardens
Martin Cole has been an avid gardener for more than 20 years and loves to talk and write about gardening. In 2006 he was a finalist in the BBC Gardener of the Year competition. He is a member of the National dahlia Society.
He previously lived in London and Sydney, Australia, where he took a diploma course in Horticultural studies and is now based in North Berwick in Scotland. He founded GardeningStepbyStep.com in 2012. The website is aimed at everybody who has been bitten by the gardening bug and wants to know more.
Gardening Step by Step has been cited by Thompson and Morgan, the UK’s largest mail order plant retailer, as a website that publishes expert gardening content.
Check out my comprehensive step by step guide, with plain language explanations and ultra-useful images and illustrations. This is for you if you love dahlias and want to the best out of the dahlias you grow.